Monday, June 29, 2009

Cops Prevent Violence

Police officers went into a Fort Worth Gay bar, called the Rainbow lounge, to keep the peace... by kicking some ass! Yes, the Fort Worth Police departments policy on keeping a bar peaceful is by "Going into a bar, and kicking some ass." Sounds too forward to be happening in Texas, where they actually let people have guns and stuff (eww, guns!). I'm glad the police are preventing violence in gay bars, it just really makes me feel safe.

Hopefully it is obvious that is sarcasm. I bet the officers that jumped the young gay man, felt pretty threatened to be around scary homos. "Yuk!" I'm sure the words "Did you just touch my ass?" were uttered a few times.

In other news, a man has been arrested for selling "Fake" Dallas Cowboys Jerseys. Yes apparently the crime was "Making a living during a recession off of a product others have been given exclusive "rights" to." I guess that is something you are forbidden to do. I really don't see what is wrong. Is the Dallas Cowboys corporation hurt? Maybe. Is the consumer? Maybe. Why did the consumer buy the Jersey in the first place? Maybe it was nearly identical? Maybe it was better? Maybe it was $150.00 cheaper? Probably. The point is no one was really hurt. You want to argue for patents and copy rights? Look what they have done to the medical industry.

No comments: